Sunday, November 25, 2012

Simon Says - Do A sketch


The weekly sketch at Simon Says Stamp is to do a card using the following sketch.


The focal point of the card is a tag I bought at Hobby Lobby - it is a quick way (cheating method) of adding a beautiful focal point with no work on your part - sometimes at the holidays we need to do that.  I can not color reds with my Copics so a cardinal would not be something I would try to do.  I will be sending this to a dear friend's Mom - she loves cardinals - my friend died from breast cancer several years ago - and she always got something with cardinals on it for her Mom.  I am also going to make the same card for my Mom because she loves to watch the birds.  

This was a fun sketch to do because I love layers but I wanted to keep it somewhat simple in the colors so that the tag was the main focal point of the card.  I added a little texture with an embossing folder to pick up the houndstooth design on the tag.  

Thanks for stopping by - come back later in the week - I am taking an online painting class - I will share my first canvas - it will be worth a giggle or two for you.  

No comments: