Thursday, October 27, 2011

Authentique paper, Inky Antics and Lily Pad Cards


Good evening - trying to catch up on my card making - maybe as a cardmaker you never catch up - I create so many cards for Operation Write Home - I sometimes forget to get ones made for my personal use. 

I am only a week behind on this birthday card - the recipient loves monkeys and her favorite color is orange.  I must thank her for making me realize what a delicious color orange is to work with.  It is not just for Halloween.  I found you can even make Christmas cards with the color orange.

The card is based on the sketch at Lily Pad Cards.  This is a very versatile sketch.  I found this Authentique paper in Madison at the Scrapbook Superstore (color me sad they are closing at the end of January) - I don't think I had ever seen 6 x 6 sheets of paper sold separately.  The paper was also double sided and of course when that happens you never have enough of one sheet because you like both sides of the paper.  With the addition of an SRM Sticker which came in white, the card came together.  I know the recipient will treasure this card.  It is special to make a card for someone you know who appreciates it. 

Well I must close, have a wonderful day. 

No comments: