Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010



I do dislike when the cold months arrive because I never have a chance to take pictures of my cards in natural light. I get some natural light in my office so I do try to take pictures at work. So now we can talk about the other things I dislike about the cold months - but I don't think anyone wants to hear that kind of language. :)
My card tonight is a start on holiday cards - my goal is to make my card, finish the inside and address the envelope all in the same timespan - so then when it comes time to mail cards - I will be ready. this is my first card that has 2 parts of the three step program done.
Caardvarks is having a challenge on their blog. Gee - I am lucky - it fits with my three step program - outside and inside of card. Their beautiful cards were made with Penny Black stamps - for some reason - I have a hard time finding her stamps around here. I even was able to use a Penny Black stamp I already owned - another penguin card. I think most of my cards this year are going to be penguins - might as well have a theme. The paper is from a pad I bought - Prima - very fun papers - a very non traditional colored holiday card. The addition of a couple SRM stickers finished off the card perfectly.
Well I must go and try to do something worthwhile - I tried to get a new Copic marker tonight because the color I need - the pen went dry and the store was out of that color. Maybe Hobby Lobby will have the color - I hope - I found this paper I want to use for cards for Operation Write Home. Oldie moldie paper.
Everyone have a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW, this is really nice. WOW, great card!

Kathy said...

Love this festive card and love how your inside almost mirrors the outside. This card is going to make someone really happy. :)

joanne said...

love that paper - I like christmas or holiday cards with non-traditional colors