Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good Thursday evening - hope your day was good. Mine went very fast at work today - playing catch up from vacation is hard. Sometimes you wonder why you go on vacation.

Last night I did get a chance to play with some paper. I so wanted to sew on this card but my sewing machine has an issue - it is a computerized machine - so I am afraid to even think of what it might cost - I guess I will call the vendor with the message and see if they can tell me anything - it may be cheaper to just buy an inexpensive machine for my card making and keep it in the basement where I make my cards. I actually ended up doing hand sewing on this card. I wanted the lace on both sides and so had to baste it onto my strip of tea dyed muslin.

To make my tea dyed muslin, I just tear narrow strips of unbleached muslin, brew up some tea - two tea bags to about a cup of water, let it steep for awhile, and then just place my strips in the tea. I let them sit in the tea for awhile and then I will rinse them, wring them out and let them dry. They end up with such a nice color and I love the look on cards. I also tea dyed my lace.

This card was going to be a baby boy card but as it evolved and I kept adding things - it is now a baby girl card - luckily I know a couple baby girls who are going to be born this year. But - I still need that baby boy card. Maybe I will go for a clean and simple style for that one.

This card is based off the sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. A fun sketch which is really not that difficult to create with - I like sketches like that. It also satisfies the challenge on Moxie Fab for Shabby/Vintage. Paper Crafts is introducing their new publication "Card Style" - I can't wait to see that issue.

Everyone have a wonderful evening. I hope to make another card - maybe that little boy card.

Card Details:
Size - 5 x 7
All paper - Hobby Lobby (love that half price sale new mo jo)
Buttons from my supplies
Lace and muslin from by supplies - tea dyed
Sticker - SRM Stickers
Scallop Border - Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This card is adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Cheryl Nelson said...

Perfectly darling! LOOOOVE this sosososoooooo much!!!!

Cath said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)