Thursday, April 7, 2022

Merry Christmas/Season's Greetings

 I have been diligently working on Christmas cards this year so I am ready when it comes to address the cards and put them in the mail in December.  By doing challenge blogs, I am motivated to create something.

I am playing along with the current challenge at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.  Here is the inspiration post for this challenge.


I decided to share this tree card for the challenge.  

I first took some patterned paper with Christmas words on it and added a layer of gesso.  After the gesso was dry I added a brown oxide ink and achieved the cool background (well I think it is cool).  The tree is a large gift tag I had in my supplies.  I added some layers of cardstock behind it so that it pops off the background.  A die cut star covers the hole for the tag and finishes the top of the tree.  I matted two Tim Holtz sentiment strips and placed over the top of the tree.  A few black splatters were added to finish the card.  


Thanks for the challenge and I have another card to send in December.  

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Great take on our mood board Barb ... love your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. I will be emailing your shortly in regards to Guest Designing for us in May. Thanks for your support.

Diane said...

Beautiful card, such a pretty tree! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace on Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

GGS-Sachdeva Group of Educational Institutions said...

Join Top Colleges for Best MBA Colleges Chandigarh, Punjab. GGS is among the best college for MBA in Punjab. Our aim is to provide the different functional areas of management to the students.