Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wanderlust Week 4

 Yes - I did not post Week 3 because I did not do Week 3.  I gave myself a break because I knew I could not do it.  In my defense I have tried to draw faces and I can not do it.

Week 4 I could handle.  Our instructor for the week was Shay Michelle.  We played with kraft lunch bags, gesso, watercolor, pens, paper, glitter, vellum, and ribbon.

Here are my pages.

We added gesso to our kraft lunch bags.  We were suppose to leave a border of the kraft showing - oops - I forgot to do that.  After the gesso had dried, you added a layer of watercolor over the gesso.  While the watercolor was still wet, you shook on kosher salt. The kosher salt absorbs moisture and color and leaves an interesting design on the page.  I did not get a good design from the salt.  

I then drew on the dandelion with a white marker.  I added the gold dotted center.  Later on I came back in and outlined the center of the flower.  I also added fine black lines in the design area.  

I made a collage area on each page (the left page has two areas of collage).  The collage consisted of washi tape, tissue paper that has a bee on it (each page of do will always have a piece of this tissue paper on it), old dictionary and a piece of canvas fabric left over from a project.  It had a section of color which was dark blue (somewhat the same as the ribbon).  

I added areas of glitter.  I do not have loose glitter so used some Stickles I had from Ranger.  You can see the spots of glitter on the page.  

I added my word on the left page.  We were suppose to stamp with alphabet stamps.  I don't really have any so I did my word on the computer and printed it on vellum.  It comes out with the ink still wet and so I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The other strip of words is a piece of kraft bag with gesso on top.

I have a small stapler from Tim Holtz so I used it to add my word strips, ribbon and a few places for an accent.  I took a piece of ribbon and tied it in knots down the length.  I attached a small silver heart which coordinates with the heart on the vellum strip.  The hearts go with the Kindness.

To complete the pages and make them somewhat cohesive (in my mind) I added gold splatter.


Here is a close up of the collage.  See the staples mixed in with the paper and washi tape.


Here is a close up of the dandelion.  You can see the white and black lines, the gold dots in the center, glitter and gold splatter.


Here is a close up of the word strip and the two hearts and more of the staples.  You can see the collage in several different spots.


I am find Wanderlust to be fun and I am learning and trying new things.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: