Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy Little Stampers January Christmas Challenge

 Happy Little Stampers is once again offering challenges after a six month break.  Are you ready for some new challenge and the big question is, are you ready to make Christmas cards.

The January Happy Little Stampers Christmas card challenge is always Anything Goes but the optional choice this month is Stockings.


I looked through my Christmas supplies and I did not really find too many stocking things but then I looked through my dies I found one I had bought on clearance and never used.  I decided today was the perfect day to use that die.  I used the paper from an old Penny Black 6 x 6 pad to cut my elements.
I dry embossed a white background with snowflakes for some texture for the stocking to sit on.  The snowflakes are various ones I have in my supplies.  I wanted to bring in a little more of the light aqua color into the overall design of the card.  I added a small word to the tag and a sentiment to complete the card.  In hindsight, I wouldn't put a word on the tag.

I am pretty pleased with how the card turned out and it really was not that difficult to put together. 


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our January Christmas Challenge.  It will help you get a head start on your Christmas cards for next year.  

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Happy New Year Barb and it is good to see you again! I love the embossed background and how you mixed those pretty papers for the stocking on your lovely card.
Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Carol x

Sue - said...

What a super design Barb!