Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wanderlust - Week 2

 I am participating in Wanderlust 2021.  Each week we get a new lesson to try our hand at.

This second lesson was led by Laly Mille.  She incorporated reflection and wishes into the lesson.  We were encouraged to think about our wishes.  I know that art is good for the soul and you feel better after creating but I have never done a piece thinking about specific things such as wishes.

Here is a step by step break out of my steps.

Here is the first step where we wrote down our wishes.


I added some swipes of paint across my wishes.


I collaged pieces of paper onto my page with gel medium.


I colored the top of my page with a buff color and then came across the top with white acrylic.  


Here is a picture of the page with the top at the top of the page.


I added white ink at the top and sprayed it with water so it would add drips to the top of the page.  I cut odd shaped small circles and glued to the page.  These are the center of our flowers. 


You then swirled white acrylic paint around your centers.  I added color to my circles.  I decided I did not like those few black centers so I added white paint to cover them and more color for the centers of my flowers.


Here is my finished page.  White ink splatters were added to the pages.  I think it needs something yet but I don't know what.  I will think about it.  


Here is a close up of my flowers.


Here is a close up of the top of the page with some of the flowers.


Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to Friday to see what new process we are going to learn.


No comments: