Sunday, January 3, 2021

Time to Start 2021 Christmas Cards

 It is time to make Christmas cards for 2021.  Luckily I had enough for 2020 and was not making any at the last minute.  I actually have some leftover.  I got sick of addressing envelopes and writing notes so I just quit.  I now can make winter or valentine cards for the people on my list who did not get a card.

The current sketch - the first one of 2021 at Christmas Countdown is a fun one.  


I found a very old 6 x 6 pad from Prima.  The papers were interesting to work with.  I do like the colors.  I couldn't think of any stamp or design I had that would fit in an oval so I used patterned paper for everything on the card.  I had to really dig to find my oval dies.  The sentiment strip was even part of the 6 x 6 pad.

I did a little distressing on all the edges of the paper.  I used extra layers of paper to add a little dimension to the oval and the sentiment.  It is still flat for mailing.


Here is a close up of the tree.  I took a gold gel pen and added gold lines to the branches of the tree.  I also added some gold splatters to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you take my sketch!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT. I hope we see you next week, too.

Cindy E. Rapson said...

I cracked up when you said you got sick of addressing envelopes so, you just quit! I'm still giggling... your card is wonderful. The tree LOOKS like it's embroidered. Great details, great card...

Cindy E. Rapson said...

I cracked up when you said you got sick of addressing envelopes so, you just quit! I'm still giggling... your card is wonderful. The tree LOOKS like it's embroidered. Great details, great card...

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful vintage looking card!

Rosmarie said...

A wonderful card, beautiful papers and a great take on the sketch! Thank you very much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x