Sunday, May 31, 2020

June Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

It is June in Australia which is the home for Happy Little Stampers.

The watercolor challenge for the Month of  June is Anything Goes with the added option of Layers


Here is my card.  It is a taller, skinnier card.  I had the watercolor background in my background stash.  I believe it was made with powders you activate with water.  There is a nice gradient of pink in the overall piece.

I stamped and heat embossed the floral image in the bottom left corner and also in the upper right corner.  I did add some darker pink color in several of  the flowers (this is layering of colors.

I decided to take several small rectangle dies I had gotten recently and cut out a rectangle in the upper right and lower left part of the card.  I also die cut craft foam.  Adhered it to the back of the watercolor rectangles and then inserted the foam backed images into the openings left by the die cutting.  You very carefully line up the lines of your stamped images.  (more layering)

I made a black card base and added a strip of My Favorite Things black striped patterned paper to the very left edge of card.  I then adhered the focal point to the front of the card base.  I glued several different sizes of crystals to the card front.  I die cut the sentiment from black card stock, glued to the front of the card and then used a glitter pen to add some glitter to the black card stock.  It really sparkles.


Here is a close up of the image and foam layer.


Here is another view of the popped up layer.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our June Water Color Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Anna M. said...

I just love this! Beautiful backdrop to the flowers!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! Great way to use a background already in your stash. I like the strip of stripes at the side, as well.

Ina G said...

Awesome layered card Barb and that bold pink is outstanding. Love this one.

Helen said...

Such a clever layered design, Barb! So eye-catching! Gorgeous vibrant colouring!!

Sue - said...

Love the bright pink and black!