Friday, May 8, 2020

Anything Goes At Paper Smooches

It is time for a new challenge at Paper Smooches.  The challenge for the first part of May is Anything Goes.  



This card was a challenge for me.  The concept (in my head) was good but then it seemed nothing wanted to cooperate with me.  My stamping did not turn out very well so I thought what the heck - doodle on it.  The doodling actually went very well.  I assembled the card and added some dark teal splatters and then added some black splatters.  Well as I added the black splatters the end of the brush fell off and left a big black line on one of the butterflies.  Off to the trash went that card.

I started again.  I decided to do the doodle route again.  I had liked it and the the butterflies had lots of empty space I could be creative with.  Of course, my doodling is not the best in the world but I try.

The butterflies are stamped in two different shades of Gina K ink.  I masked off the middle butterfly to stamp the side butterflies.  I kept the doodling quite simple on the butterflies.  On the outside butterflies I just doodled on the center and around the edges.  I took the dot stamp from the butterfly set and added dots in the darker teal ink.

I stamped the sentiment.  It was crooked.  Oh well, that you can cover so I finished up with my splatters, restamped the sentiment, and glued it over the top of the original crooked sentiment.

Whew was I glad when I finally got a finished card.  I was not going to  give up.  I think I won this creative battle.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the doodling! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge! :)

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the doodling! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge! :)

Nicole Vögeli said...

Sometimes, cards turn out different than planned. I like how yours turned out. Thanks for playing along the Paper Smooches Challenge!