Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Gesso Resist

I decided to try some new things this last week.  Here are two of my attempts at Gesso Resist.  

I applied gesso through different stencils and then blended distress oxides over them to bring out the gesso resist.  My gesso was very thick so I would like to try it again with a more liquid gesso.

The current challenge at CAS Mix Up is Gesso Resist and this is what triggered my playing with this technique.  



Here is one of my cards.  I did some die cutting and heat embossed my sentiment.  I love the warm colors of this card.  It reminds me of the wonderful sunshine we had this last week end.


Here is another attempt at Gesso Resist.  The blue is very soft and I like using grey to change up your colors.


Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two very beautiful cards! Yes the thickness can have a different effect. I love the grey die-cut too:) Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up Challenge.

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the bright summery colours, and your second design looks so pretty and delicate. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!