Monday, May 4, 2020

Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge

It is time for the May Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.  This is a great opportunity to get a jump start on your projects for Christmas 2020.

The challenge for this month is "anything goes" with the option of ornaments. 


This option could be interpreted in several different ways.  You could make a card with ornaments on it or you could make an ornament.  This is what I have chosen to do.

I got the Gnome die from Simon Says Stamp.  This is the large Gnome die.  I have made many multiples of this gnome.  I went through my 6 x 6 Christmas pads and found paper to use for the hat and bottom of the Gnome.  The beard and nose were cut out of white card stock and colored with copics.  I colored the noses and always put the pink on the lower right side because the nose really did need to go in that way to fit properly.  I used grey card stock to build the Gnome on.  I used Gina K Connect Glue to adhere all the pieces together.

The ornament is a piece of chipboard I had which was white on one side.  I inked the edges of it with brown ink to distress it.  I die cut the large snowflake which you can see peeking out from gold card stock.  The greens are from a Tim Holtz die.  There is also a brown twig looking die cut in there. 

I first glued the snowflake on and then added the greens and brown twiggy thing.  The Gnome was added with foam tape on top of a piece of dark brown thread.  Brown twine was used to make the hanger.  To finish the ornament off, I added white splatters.

I do love the new man in my life.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge.

4 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Your little guy certainly is the cutest, Barb and I love all the texture on your fun ornament.
Hope you are staying safe.
Hugs
Carol x

Donna said...

Super ornament!
I am soooooo in love with that gnome!!!

Sue - said...

Super ornament !

Bobby said...

That guy is so cute, Barb, and well decorated. And best of all you have an ornament for your tree.