Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Red and Black and Watercolor

Recently I have been trying my creative hand at watercoloring.  I have tried to do very simple things and this is pretty simple watercoloring.

I have colored circles around the perimenter of a rectangle in red watercolor and then I have added lines radiating from the center to outer edge of red circle.  In the center I added dots of black ink to replicate a floral center.

I stamped a Thank You sentiment from The Stamp Company.  I stamped in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the rectangle and added it to a black card base.  Should I have added black splatters???


I am entering this card into two challenges.  The first challenge is CAS Watercolor Card Challenge where the challenge for the month of February is a CAS card using red and black.  I do believe I accomplished this.


The second challenge is Creative With Stamps where the February challenge is to use Red.  You do have to stamp on your creation.  I believe this is the first time I have entered this challenge.


It feels good to be home and have some time to create.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Loll said...

Pretty watercoloured blooms Barb! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Billie A said...

Very pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps

Marcia Hill said...

Big, bright, and bold flowers Barb, and they are just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

maria f. said...

Bold and beautiful, Barb. Yay you for giving watercoloring a go. Don't you just love watching someone like Kristina Werner watercolor?

Bonnie said...

You definitely accomplished this challenge, Barb! I'm so impressed with your freehand watercoloring! Lovely flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Robyn Oliver said...

Super freehand watercoloured flowers Barb, a lovely bright card and thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour, Robyn