Thursday, February 27, 2020

Bridal Thank You Cards

I have two special people getting married this summer so decided to make each of them a set of thank you notes.  This set ended up to be more than twenty cards but I wanted to used up every little bit of the patterned paper I bought for the thank you notes.

This person is having a rainbow wedding on an island. so I decided to make rainbow thank you notes for her and her husband.

Two sheets of patterned paper produced all of these cards.  The first two cards used both the positive and the negative from the die cuts.  I die cut the rectangle and heart at the same pass through the die cut machine. 

For the first card, I die cut a white rectangle and dipped it in a light pink oxide ink to add some color to the background.  I stamped the thank you and added the heart with craft foam.  This was all adhered to a white card base.


On the second card I adhered the rainbow panel to a  white base.  I then used a blending brush to add some light pink to the heart opening.  A thank you black die was added across the heart.


I had two strips of the patterned paper left - it was double sided so I decided to use  that strip of paper up also.  I got four cards out of those two strips.   I made two thank you cards and a card for a military box and a card for a foster care home.


I am very happy with how the cards turned out.  I know she will be thrilled with the gift.  She is a crafter so knows all the work that goes into a handmade gift from the heart.

I am entering the cards into two challenges.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes.   The second challenge is  the Sisterhood of Crafters where their challenge is to use patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are so lovely, I love your design and gorgeous colours you used. Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge of Patterned Paper at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge..good luck with your lovely entry.
[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges

Vicki said...

Beautiful cars, every one of them! Love the CAS design and the rainbow papers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Patterned Paper" Challenge.

Darlene said...

Well aren't you the clever one! These are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!