Thursday, February 20, 2020

Hippo Hooray

Recently I was out with a friend and we stopped in at a thrift store and I was wandering the craft aisles and what did my eyes spot - three sets of Paper Smooches stamp sets rubber banded together for the incredible price of $1.99.  I did not have these three sets so I immediately grabbed them and felt so proud of myself for my lucky purchase.

I am using a stamp from one of these sets to participate in  the current challenge at Paper Smooches.  The challenge is a color challenge - I so struggle with this type of challenge but I attempted it and did used many colors from the pallet.  They are probably a little different shade.


The little hippo is colored with Copics.  The white panels has a blue blended background to represent sky along with the stamped leaves from the same set which are used to ground the hippo.  I stamped the sentiment and then added a couple pink stamped hearts to complete the focal point of the card.  This was mounted on a lavender, yellow, blue and pink plaid on a white card base.


This card will be going to a Foster Care home in South Carolina.  The staff used the cards to brighten the children's days.  Some of these children have never received a card - let alone a hand made card.  I feel so good when I make cards and send them to the home.  They are so appreciate of the hand made cards.  They also like thank you cards which the staff can use to thank all their supporters.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Such a cute card! I love that happy little hippo! Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches Color Palette Challenge! :)