Tuesday, February 4, 2020

February Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

It is hard to believe that it is already February - how did we already complete one month in 2020.  It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers

The challenge for February is as always "anything goes" but you can add the optional twist of wings.

I started another card but had issues with the stamp stamping correctly and then I remembered I had bought this cute new bee stamp from Honey Bee Stamps.  A bee has wings.  Yay - I can play with the optional twist this month.  I stamped the bee with Memento Ink and colored with Copics.  The lights, Christmas ornaments, antennas and feet also have a layer of Glossy Accents on  them.  The wings have a layer of Wink of Stella clear glitter on them.  The star was colored with a gold gel pen.  I cut the bee out with my Scan n Cut (actually I stamped and cut out a dozen of this image) 

I dug though my Christmas paper and found a plaid  that was the same color as the wings of my bee. I colored some white paper with a yellow distress oxide to give it a little color.   I matted the white/yellow card stock with red and added a small strip of striped paper.  I then took a stencil and added small dots of clear glitter gel to add some more interest to the background.  The bee and sentiment was added to the card front with foam tape.



Here is a close up of the bee.  She is so cute.



3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Oh my goodness Barb - this is total cuteness on a card and that punny sentiment cracks me up!
Hugs
Carol x

Sue - said...

I just love that cute bee!

Bobby said...

This is the first time I've seen a Christmas bee and it's so cute, Barb.