Tuesday, February 18, 2020

CAS Christmas Card

I am trying to be diligent and make Christmas cards ahead of December 2020.  I find that if you find challenges for Christmas cards - this inspires your creativity.

At the CAS Christmas Card Challenge for February 2020, the challenge is the word JOY.

I had been sorting some wood mount stamps and I had a "Joy Christmas stamp" so I had the most important part of the challenge.  Now what would I do with the stamp.

I knew that I wanted to heat emboss the image so what color would show in either the background and in the embossing powder.  I masked off a rectangle on Bristol smooth card stock and used two shades of oxide ink to make the colored square on my card.  I then debated between white and silver or the embossing.  As you can see I settled on silver.  I die cut the image with a rectangle die and then matted it with silver card stock and added to a white card base.


It is difficult to photography the silver embossing and the silver mat.  I made two of this design.

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Barb!! LOVE that amazing Joy image and it looks fantastic done in silver heat embossing over your beautiful blue background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful stamp, Barb! It is gorgeous embossed in the silver with that lovely blue ink blended background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Love that stamp, it really is a stand alone image and it's perfect in silver. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Susan said...

Love the blue, white, and silver colour scheme! And the "joy" stamp is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Linda said...

This is so beautiful and elegant with your silver embossing on the blue. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.