Monday, February 24, 2020

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge

I am attempting to play along with the weekly sketch challenge at My Favorite Things Blog.  You can find the current sketch at this link.  This sketch has lots of creative possibilities.

I had the patterned paper that I used for my card laying on my creative mess pile from another project and chose the orange and green colors to work with. I like how the small checked paper has ombre coloring making it more interesting than a piece of plain orange paper.

I decided I wanted to build a little scene with the moose stamp.  I stamped the tree from the same set.  Both the tree and moose were colored with Copics.  I used distress oxide inks to add the sky and grass.  To give more texture to the grass area I took several different green copics and made little marks to look like tufts of grass.  I like how the grass turned out.  I stamped some orange hearts to bring the orange color into the focal image.


My youngest daughter and her husband live in Alaska so I am mailing this card to them.  I really do "moose" them a lot. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: