Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Challenge and Easter

I have been playing with my geli plate at my art group and made a couple pink pages I really like.  One page is a lighter shade of pink and the other page is a brighter or darker shade of pink.  The fun and the downfall of geli plate creating is that nothing turns out the same.  Due to this, I take papers I have created and copy them so that I can use them multiple times.  The two shades of pink and with spring coming made me want to use my Honey Bee tulip dies.  Pink tulips always make me think of my Mom.

I am entering my card in the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I have two different shades of pink, white and my card base is grey.   


The pink is two different pages created on the geli plate.  The leaves and stem are watercolor paper in my box of papers and the alcohol ink accent paper on the leaves is from the special box of wonderful paper.

I used a background die which impresses the design into the background.  I ink smooshed the white card stock with two colors of oxide ink.  It picked up a couple other colors from the mat I smooshed on.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up.  Everything was adhered to a grey card base.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

A beautiful spring creation! Thanks for choosing my colors this week and playing with the Players!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Lovely card, Barb. Tulips were a favorite of my mother's also. Thank you for joining us at Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda