Monday, September 4, 2023

September Christmas Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

The challenge at Happy Little Stampers is always anything goes but there is always an option for your design.  This month the option is Snow Globe.  I chose to do anything goes.


For my card this month I used another Colorado Craft stamp I had purchased a year or two ago and had not used.  (It feels good to use some of this product we had to have and then did not use immediately.)  The stamp is quite large.  I actually stamped it four different times and used different types of embossing powder for the image.  I am sharing two of the images on cards today with you.  The other two are still in the thinking pile.

I used white embossing powder for the image on this card.  The pink color is a colored powder that you sprinkle on and spray with water.  You get some great variations of color by doing it this way.  The pink color is so bright.  I have always love black, white and pink for a color combination so decided to make a very nontraditional card.  I trimmed the ornament panel.  One side has been slightly removed.  I matted the image with black cardstock.  I adhered a piece of my favorite black and white stripe (from My Favorite Things) to the front of my white card base.  I added a small strip of shiny black cardstock at the bottom of the card.  I adhered the image over the top of the finished card front.  I cut the sentiment from the shiny black cardstock.  Three small shiny black dots were added to the upper right corner to add some balance to the card.


Here is my second card using the same image.  This is a mini slimline card.  The bulb was trimmed quite abit for this card front.  I stamped the image with an oxide ink and used clear embossing powder.  I colored the image in with the same color of oxide ink.  The image was matted with two different colors of cardstock and adhered to a white cardbase.  The sentiment was embossed in gold embossing powder on one of the colored cardstocks.  Gold splatter completed the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful cards, that ornament is huge! xoxo

JulieP said...

I love these extra large ornaments!!! Beautiful cards!

laurie said...

Gorgeous cards...love the big ornaments!