Thursday, August 3, 2023

August Birthday Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is time for a new birthday challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always Anything Goes and you know you have an upcoming birthday to make a card for - so please join us.  


I was taking a watercolor class and she was telling us about a technique where you painted your watercolor paper with gesso and then added watercolor over top.  You then were able to lift the watercolor off the paper with a stencil.  I decided to give this a try over a week end. I made many backgrounds so I could try this technique.

I used a stencil and and a baby wipe to remove the color from within the open spaces of the stencil.  I love how I found a light green color for my leaf shape when the top colors were removed.  I die cut the image with a mini slimline die.  I used the coordinating die for the mat but I didn't think I got enough of a contrast from the kraft card base so added an additional brown mat.  I cut the birthday sentiment from the same brown card stock.  Gold splatters completed the card design.


Come join us at Happy Little Stampers for our birthday challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

This is such a cool technique - love how your leaf turned out!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a new technique on me Barb and what an amazing result! Such a beautiful image too. Vicky x