Thursday, July 6, 2023

July Stencil Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

 It is July and it is time for a new stencil challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Stencils are such an economical part of our card making tools.  


I received this beautiful sunflower stencil for my birthday from a fellow cardmaker.  I also had friends move to Kansas and wanted to send them a new home card.

The sunflower is the state flower of Kansas and the bird on the card is the state bird.  Excuse me but I don't remember now what the bird was.  I stenciled the flower with different colors of oxide ink on paper where I had done ink smooshing with blue ink.  

I fussy cut the bird from an old Golden book I had and adhered over the sunflowers.  The sentiment was stamped on a piece of kraft card stock and adhered over the sentiment I stamped on the front of the card and screwed up.  Thank goodness I was able to save the card.  I finished the card front with a brown mat and added it to a kraft card base.  Gold splatters completed the card.


Dig out your stencils and join us for the July challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore bird cards - this is beautiful