Saturday, August 6, 2022

Happy Little Stamper's August Stencil Challenge

 It is time for a new Stencil challenge at Happy Little Stamper's for the month of August.

As always the stencil challenge is Anything Goes.  These are the best challenges.

Stencils are such an economical way to add interest to your card making supplies.  You can do so many different things with them and use so many different mediums.


This month I chose to make a masculine birthday (actually I made several of this card).  I was visiting a friend and she had this stencil so I wanted to try it.  I used some lovely shades of blue ink on paper I had done some light ink smooshing on.  After I completed the stenciling, I took some colored pencils and added some very subtle shading to the fish to give them a little more depth.

I matted the fish with a dark blue card stock.  I chose to use a kraft card base and a blue plaid for the background for the fish panel.  A simple birthday greeting was added across the plain boring fish.  I did add blue and gold splatters to the card.


Here is a close up of the fish.

Please come play along with us at the new stencil challenge at Happy Little Stamper's.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: