Monday, September 6, 2021

Happy Little Stampers September Stencil Challenge

 How did it get to be September already? School has started here and soon the leaves will fall and then it will snow.  Wow what a downer statement so let's just focus on the September Stencil Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

The stencil challenge is always "Anything Goes".  This is the best challenge because you can make whatever you want.


This month I made many cards.  Recently I visited my friend Annie and we just created to our hearts content.  She had bought a new Vicki Boutin stencil and I tried to use it in many different ways. 

The first two cards are pink with grey.  Grey is a little softer than using black.  Both grey and black with pink are favorite color combinations to use.  Oxide inks were used for the color on the stencil.

On these two cards after I had done my stenciling, I spritzed my stencil with water and then laid it down on my mixed media paper.  I used paper toweling to press the stencil against the paper to get this light design from the stencil.  I used a tag die to make my card base and a smaller die for the card front.  I added some stickles to the dots in the center of the flower.  On the second card I added splatters.  A sentiment that was colored with oxide inks completed the design.



The design for this card was also done from cleaning the stencil.  After I had inked the stencil and when I cleaned it I used a baby wipe and wiped the color onto the paper.  I came back in after it was dry and added doodling - very loose doodling.

Black and white diagonal striped paper from My Favorite Things was used for an accent on both cards.  A die cut and black enamel dots completed this graduation card.


Stickles were added to the center of the flowers to add a little sparkle to the card.  A birthday sentiment from Altenew completed this card.


On the next two cards, I cleaned the stencil with baby wipes and once it was dry I brought in the stencil and laid it on top and stenciled through the design for a monochromatic design.  A couple die cuts and and stamped sentiment completed the card.


More of the black striped paper helped completed the layout of this card.


The stencil was used in the normal way on this card.  I die cut the heart from the stenciled page and inked around the edge.  A stamped sentiment and Stickles completed the design on the heart.  A small piece of the striped paper added t he perfect accent to the dry embossed card front.


It was great fun to try different ways of using the same stencil and I love all the cards I made from my play day with my friend.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, I love all the different looks you got from one stencil and one colour! Your cards are all beautiful.

Swapna B Patil said...

pretty

Vicki Dutcher said...

Talk about an eye candy filled post! Love your ghosting -- these are all quite fabulous