Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Clean and Simple Cards

Today I am playing along with the current challenge at Paper Players.  Their current challenge is to make a clean and simple card with a masculine flair.


I am also entering this card in the challenge at CASology where the challenge is plant.  I do believe my lovely leaves come from a plant.



I recently purchased a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I do have a thing for leaves and loved this beautiful image.  The sentiments on the stamp set are perfect for this time in history.

I first lightly colored the background by using Tumbled Glass Oxide Ink and did some ink smooshing.  I must admit I have a problem with perfectly white backgrounds.  I stamped the image and then colored with two colors of oxide ink.  A touch of gold watercolor was added to each leaf in the corner when I did the gold splatters.





Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Clean and beautiful! I love the touches of gold on the edges of the leaves. The spatters on the background are the perfect touch. Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a pretty CAS card! I love the gold on the edges of the leaves! The splatters are perfect and the sentiment is lovely! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Player this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wonderfully CAS! I love the bright green leaves, bold sentiments and splatter detail. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

Nancy said...

What a great image for the side of your card... Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!