Sunday, March 1, 2020

Get Cracking On Christmas

I stumbled across this challenge to help you "get cracking on your Christmas cards for 2020".  It is a good idea to work every month of your Christmas cards.  This is the reason I am on a challenge blog for Christmas cards.  I know I will have at least 12 done when Christmas rolls around.

You can find February's post about Get Cracking on Christmas at this link

Besides my own Christmas cards, I also need to make approximately 30 for a non profit I am associated with.  I could never do 30 cards of the same design so I am trying to do 10 cards of a design.  This is one of the cards for the non profit.

While I was in Florida in November and December, I took water coloring with me to keep my creative juices flowing.  I water colored all these images while in Florida.

I used a gold gel pen to add highlights to the pine cones.  I have issues with white backgrounds so have added a light blue to the background.  I then splattered the image with gold water color.  I matted the image with dark green card stock and put it on a kraft colored card base.  This is a very large image so part of it was cropped when die cutting the rectangle.  I die cut a sentiment from gold mirror card stock.


Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! Glad you have joined us in Get Cracking!