Sunday, February 16, 2020

Watercolor Thank You

I recently returned from a trip to South Carolina where I visited friends.  I wanted/needed to send them a thank you note.  I always appreciate being able to get away in the winter to someplace that is warmer.  Of course, we experienced all kinds of weather while I was there.  Beautiful days with temperatures in the 70's and we even went boating several days.  We had torrential downpours with almost 7 inches of rain in one day.  We also had about 4 to 5 inches of snow one day.  But I was a good guest, and I took the snow back to Wisconsin.

I am entering this card in the monthly challenge The Flower Challenge.  The challenge this month is to add leaves to your flower card.


This card was water colored by me.  I spent some time in Florida in November and December and all I took with me was watercolor supplies.  I colored many images that I had stamped but I also tried my hand at freehand designs.  Most of these freehand designs were inspired by art from Pinterest.

I just painted four circles in different colors.  I painted a few leaves on each stem.  After the paint had dried I came in with a black pen and drew the swirly lines in the circles.  I drew stems and added and outline around the leaves with a line in the middle.  I colored the background with some blue watercolor (because I have a terrible time with a plain white background). 

It is a very basic floral watercolor but it is a start in helping me learn a new skill.


I die cut the floral image with a rectangle die and matted it with black.  I die cut several layers of  the thank you out of pink card stock .  After the card was assembled, I had to add black splatters because splatters completes almost everything.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: