Thursday, September 12, 2019

Autumn Birthday Card

September and October are busy birthday months in my family.   I need to get my cards made because I am going on a short trip so will miss over a week of creating.  Truth be told - I am trying to get my birthday cards done for the remainder of the year plus into January.

The new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches provided the inspiration for this card.  This card is for my brother in law.

The strip of multi colored paper was made last year using a stencil and distress oxide inks.  I had a piece of it left and thought it would be perfect for this sketch.  It has some great autumn/fall colors in it.  The background was dipped in oxide ink to add just a little extra depth to the white card stock.  I cut a very narrow strip of green card stock to edge both sides of  the oxide ink strip.  After the strip was adhered, I stamped a simple sentiment under the strip.  I stamped the leaves in dark brown ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I fussy cut the leaves out.  I adhered the panel to the front of a kraft card base to add more fall feel to the card plus this makes it  more masculine.  I popped up the top leaf.  The leaves at the bottom.  The male leaf is glued to the card front and the other leaf is popped up also.


I am also entering this card in the current challenge at The Male Room where the challenge is Autumn.


Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Kim S said...

I love fall leaves!! And what a beautiful pattern you have behind them! I can't believe you are going to get on birthdays until January - I try really hard to be a week ahead! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your leaves are perfect for this sketch! And who doesn't like autumn leaves this time of year! Great job getting your card stash in order. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile Ribon said...

Gorgeous fall color birthday card. Your blending job is amazing. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Wei said...

Such a lovely autumn card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful autumn card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!