Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Journal Page a Day Keeps a Woman Sane

A couple weeks ago I had to have my appendix removed.  I am recovering and I am not a patient patient.  Do you know how many things you drop on the floor each day.  If you bend you have to make it count.

I have been journaling/creating and this has helped me stay somewhat sane.  The challenge at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge is Vintage - I created a Vintage page.


I made my entry on a separate page of kraft paper and adhered it to the journal page.  Sometimes this works better, especially if you are using sprays.  Don't ask me how I know this.

The background is a collage of many different things.  I know I used dry wall tape, some bandage tape, paper, fabric, string, etc.  It was all covered with a layer of white gesso and gold gesso.  This gold gesso is so much fun to work with.  I added some embossing paste for the brick wall the couple is standing on and also some circle is the upper right corner.  The frame was bought in a package of frames at a rummage sale for 25 cents - plus many of the frames were already fussy cut.  I used distress paints, distress oxide inks to color the background.  I found this vintage feeling washi tape that is in the upper left corner.  The sentiment and couple are Tim Holtz products.  The heart was cut from a piece of packaging.


I used a few rub ons in some places trying to use up some of my supplies.

Here are some close ups of different parts of the page.


I love how the background turned out on this page.  It has a very vintage feel.  I took a plain pencil and marked around the couple and different edges on the page.  It added just a little contrast in the background.


You can see a rub on in this upper right corner.


Art is therapy and it is helping me heal.  I do wish it would do it faster though.  It helps the mind but the body takes it sweet time.

No comments: