Saturday, April 15, 2017

Canvas Corp Traveling Journal - March Edition

It is time for my group of designers to reveal their March pages for the Canvas Corp Traveling Journal.  We have two groups of journals traveling the world.  The first group always posts of the 1st of the month.  This is the link to their journal pages for March.

Our group shares their post on the 15th of each month.  Here is my page for the month.  I went with bright, cheerful colors.


Here is a picture of  the page before I can to decorate it.  I used Tattered Angels High Impact Paint in Orange and Yellow.  I used two different sheets of paper from the Canvas Corp Collection:  Heirloom Collection Brushes on Ivory and Black and White Newsprint.  I also used a bright pink acrylic paint to round out the paints I used.  The newsprint paper was colored more intensely and used for accents on the page.


I had bought a new shaped die cut and used that on my page.  I cut the shapes from the colored newsprint paper.  I added black thread behind each large grouping of the shapes.

Brushes were fussy cut from the Brushes on Ivory paper.    I used these brushes on both pages.


I had found an old alphabet stamp where the letters were in individual squares.  I stamped them on painted paper and heat embossed them so they popped.  I fussy cut out each letter.  I had to stamp the alphabet around 5 times to get the letters I needed.


I added a few of the painted shapes around the page.  I also have stick stamps with circles on the ends and I stamped them around the page to bring a little more black into the design.


You can see some of the different elements I used to add more texture to the page.  I used bubble wrap and pink paint and stamped around the pages in different areas.  I also have a script stamp I love to use and I stamped that in a bright pink ink.

I also stamped an art quote in black on this page.



  This spread was great fun to make.  I love the bright colors.  March can be very dreary and I wanted to bring a little brightness into my corner of the world.  Pretty soon our flowers will be blooming and adding color to our landscape.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: