Sunday, January 1, 2017

Mixed Media Mojo January Challenge

Wow - it is 2017 and January 1.  Time for a new challenge at Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Blog.


The challenge is NEW.  And the Twist is Clocks.  Unfortunately I did not know where my clock stamps were.  I just went with the New - a Happy NEW Year card and I did use some new product on the card.


The stamp is an old Hero Art stamp that I don't believe I have ever used before.  The background was made with some old sprays that I had.  I have been trying to use them up.  I created a couple different backgrounds.  The blue one was used for the base of the card and the tealish colored one was used for the circles and the sentiment area.

The new product I used was some silver glitter embossing paste.  It is translucent enough that it picks up the blue color behind it.  The glitter circles are very pretty.

I punched out some circles of the teal paper and die cut some stars out of dark navy (the background was mounted with the same color navy).  I believe I used my clear Wink of Stella pen on the stars.

The sentiment was embossed with a white embossing powder.  The sentiment strip was matted with the dark navy card stock also.

After I had added the circles to the card base, I splattered white paint over it.

The sentiment was pop dotted on the front of the card and a silver thread bow was added.

Here are a couple close ups of several of some different areas.



Please come join us at Mixed Media Mojo for our January challenge.

3 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love all the shades of blue!! Amazing card! And now I feel I need that glitter paste LOL

Deb said...

Wonderful card Barb, love the textures on your background, a wonderful way to start the New Year! Deb xo

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is amazing!! Love the color and texture!!
Hugs
Ann