Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Mixed Media Floral Canvas

I am visiting a friend tomorrow night.  She and her husband just bought their first home and I wanted to take them a little house warming gift.  I also know that Tamela appreciates the things I make and will cherish this little canvas.

I have this new stamp from Tammy Tutterow (actually I have a Home Sweet Home stamp from her that I wanted to use but I put it in one of the safe places) so I used this stamp instead.  I love the saying.

I am playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is a Tic Tac Toe.  I used  the spray, stencil, stamp row.


I made the blue flowers from a Tammy Tutterow Spellbinders floral die cut.  The lace flowers I justed gathered up and they kinda look like a rose (kinda).  I found the Prima orange tinted flowers when going through some things.  I tucked in some little silks I had and a couple twine loops.  The ribbon has been floating around my crafting area for a long time.  I kept it because it is beautiful.


It is a six inch canvas.  I used a piece of patterned paper.  I prepped the paper with clear gesso.  The design on the paper shows through.  I did add some green Dylusions paint on top and did a little stenciling with a darker green paint.  It is really hard to see.  I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Ink and used clear embossing powder on it.  I added the two orange hearts using a Stamp from Judith and also the little circle is a stamp from her also.

One trick I have found when trying to layer items on a canvas and tuck things in, you sometimes need some height.  I glued pieces of cardboard onto the orange flowers and also to the bow.  You are better able to tuck all the other flowers in and under the other flowers and bow.  I also wanted a little design to come out from under the florals so I die cut some branch/leaf shapes, painted them green and adhered them with gel medium.  You can see them a little more on the top.  I added some blue embossing paste through a stencil and rubbed the blue around the edge of the canvas also.  To finish the canvas, I misted gold spray in the air and let it fall onto the canvas.  It really gives a nice shine to everything.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my fun canvas.  It may be hard to part with it.

5 comments:

Mischelle said...

This is a MASTERPIECE! I LOVE everything!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra said...

Fabulous card, the stamp is so pretty, and so are the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card...your friend will treasure it ...great choice for Tic Tac Toe...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge hugs kath xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a cool project! You really made Tammy's stamp shine!