Monday, December 1, 2014

Mixed Media Mojo December Challenge

The monthly challenge for Mixed Media Mojo December is Winter-Winter Holiday - Twist Ornament.  

Yes it is the time of the year when we are anxiously trying to get things done for the holidays.  Some ornaments made for gifts, handmade cards, buy gifts, cook, ant eat too much.

I made an ornament for the challenge.  I had an idea and looked on Pinterest for some creative help.  This is what I came up with.  It does need some refinement but I think it will look good on my snowman tree.


The shape was cut with my Silhouette.  It consists of two layers of recycled card stock and a layer of  a book page.  The blue color is a combination of gelatos, distress paint and ink.  The snowman was made with embossing paste.  I did color the paste for the nose with orange before I put it on the snowman.  The eyes are a couple of buttons embedded in the embossing paste.  The mouth and eye brows were drawn with a sharpie.  Some snowflakes and the word Peace were rub ons.  The other snowflakes were stamped on the blue.  I used a metallic silver paint around the edge of the heart.  Floral wire made the hanger.

Please join us on the Mixed Media Mojo blog and make an ornament for the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Dolores Raml said...

Love your snowman ornament!