Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day

Today is World Card Making Day.  A holiday for card makers.  I do hope all my card making friends get to spend the day indulging their fun craft.  I will be on the road visiting my Mom but I will be excited when I get home to check everything out.



For today, I made a mixed media Halloween card to go along with the current challenge on Mixed Media Mojo.  Make sure you pop over there to check out the other fun cards.  You should really come play along with us too.


I had so much fun making this card.  This is almost 6 x 6 card so I will have to pay extra postage to mail this card and it will have to go in a bubble envelope.  Hard to tell but it is a black card base.  There is then a layer of purple card stock where I wet the card stock and then tore and curled the edges.  There is then a layer of wonderful plaid paper which you can't hardly see.  Dang.  There is also a strip of the same paper as the paper pieced bosom of Witchy Poo.

This stamp is from Whipper Snapper.  Whipper Snapper is a Wisconsin based stamp company.  Lots of great wonderful stamps.  It is a special treat to go to the store in Brookfield.  The only drawback is at the store you can only buy wood mounted stamps.  But back to the card.  She is stamped on a couple pages of a dictionary that were glued together with gel medium and then a layer of gesso was put down.  She was colored with different mediums:  gelatos, distress paint, distress ink, Big Pen.  After she was done the background was done with distress paint and then two different colors of gelatos to get a stormy sky look.  I mixed embossing paste with gelatos to get purple paste and put it through a stencil around the edges.  Glossy Accents was added to the eyes of everything and to the pumpkin which is a sticker.  SRM Stickers - sentiment and stitches finished off the background.

She was matted with more purple and an orange patterned paper.  I added a fabric strip to the stripe across the card and made a bow from the fabric also.  The matted image was pop dotted onto the front of the card.

Because I used the SRM Stickers on my card and part of their October challenge is Halloween, I am entering my card in that challenge.  I love what the stitch stickers add to the card.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your World Card Making Holiday.  Please stop by and visit us at Mixed Media Mojo and make a mixed media project with a little fabric in it.

5 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

This card has so many yummy layers! I really like everything you did! ~Niki

Kris said...

Your are right! Your witch card is adorable!

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Such a beautiful mixed media project and love the stamp.

Jennie said...

Lovely card and the mixed media feel is just perfect! Been a while since I did any and you have inspired me :)

Shelly said...

Such a fun card!!! Thanks for joining us at The SRM Challenge!