Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello Lovely


Hello Lovely - isn't that a wonderful sentiment - it is a new sentiment stamp I got from Papertrey Ink.  I am mailing this card is my 95 year old aunt - the last remaining sibling from my father's 11 brother and sisters.  My Mom is the last "in law" that is still living and she is also in her middle 90's.

I made the colored panel several weeks ago in the Clean and Simple 2 Class - this was one technique they showed.  I used some watercolor pens and scribbled on my teflon mat, sprayed water on it and then placed the watercolor paper in the paint and got these cool colors.  I then sprinkled salt on top of it while still wet so that is the dotty texture you see in the color.  I backed it with black and there it sat until today's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.


I matted the white base with black and then embossed it.  The black just sets everything off.  I was glad to be able to use that panel I had made.  If you notice the orange in the middle - it did not stamp in the middle of the flower so this was my way of covering up my bad stamping.

Well I need to go snowblow my driveway and sidewalk.  YUCK.  Everyone enjoy your evening.

5 comments:

Ivanka said...

Wow, I love that background! The salt technique is beautiful.

Rita T said...

Love your card. Never heard of using salt - will add that to my growing list of techniques to try.

Lisa Arana said...

wow, what a gorgeous background effect. just stunning. thank you for joining us at CASE this Sketch!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous pops of colour on that black and white card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

N@ Ali said...

oh wow, your background is fantastic! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )