Sunday, August 19, 2012

Operation Write Home, Little Yellow Bicycle - take two


Trying to jump start my MOJO - not working real well - I struggled this morning with the card based on this week's sketch on the Operation Write Home card blog - Stars and Stamps.  Everything I had in my head did not pan out - my embellishment did not work - but this is the card I came up with for the sketch.

This is the same paper I used for last week's sketch.  The stamp is from Hero Arts and I embossed it rather than just plain stamping - the button is made with the Martha Stewart button punch - it embosses the button when you punch it out - I just put several layers together to give it a little body.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday.

14 comments:

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Lovely card Barb! The background script, in white, just fascinates me. Love the "thanks" tree and if you hadn't told me the button was a punch I would have thought it was real. Great job.

StampTramps said...

Love your paper choices and that is a great stamp! I just got the button punch, haven't used it yet, it sure looks great on your card!

Lee Mae said...

Your card is well worth the struggle! Beautiful papers and a great image. Love it!

Nancy Keller said...

So pretty! I love the button!!

Paula S. said...

This came out beautifully Barb! Gorgeous papers. I never thought to stack a few of the paper buttons together. that's a great idea to make it feel more like a real, button but still keep it pretty flat.

Donna Hanley said...

I don't know what was going on in your head, but what came out in the way of this card is just terrific. I love everything about it. The paper, sentiment, colors, everything. A very well put together card. Enjoy your week.

Linda said...

Great cards as always! The stcking of the buttons is brilliant...duh to me! TFS!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Awesome card...perfect take on the sketch! I also LOVE that sentiment!! :) Adorable!!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Barb, Really nice card -- even though it didn't turn out like you thought -- it is a great card. I really like the tree sentiment. I know what you mean thou -- I have been struggling all day with my cards -- I will post my cards tomorrow.

Sharon

Unknown said...

Love the tree of thanks! I may scrap lift that!!

Marsha said...

Your MOJO was definitely working for this card. It is great. Glad you took the challenge.

Julie said...

Oh, I love this one, Barb! The tree is so adorable and the button is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

kssdesigns said...

Awesome papers! The whole thing really works. Doesn't look like you struggled at all. Love that stamp too. May have to put that on my wish list!

Christine Pennington said...

love this. love the stamp