Sunday, June 1, 2008

Deadlines


It is Sunday and another beautiful day in Wisconsin - I was out digging in the dirt in the flower garden - had to get out of the sun - so came in and finished this card.

This is a same image swap that I am participating in at a great card site. We were all sent the stamped woman. She congures up many "women life experiences". I found a fun quote - Well this day was a total waste of Makeup and that is what is how I finished the inside of the card.

Bazzill scalloped paper cut to approximately 6 x 6 made up the base for this card. The design is based on the weekly sketch at Card Positioning Systems. I just did a little coloring of the image with colored pencils - the lips, hair, nails and the blouse. The flower is a stamp from Stampin! Up. The green is clear embossed on green paper. The pink is stamped with acrylic paint. I cut out the flowers. The paper is Basic Grey. The bright pink flowers and pink jewel brads are from Imaginisce. The black letters are from American Crafts. Hope you enjoy the card.

Everyone enjoy the remainder of your week end.

8 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I like your version of the CPS sketch! Cute image!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your card!! Too funny!! I especially love the little saying on the inside!! So true sometimes!! :) You did a wonderful job!!

Charity Hassel said...

how fun! love that you made the cps sketch your own!!

Lea L. said...

So cute...I love your interpretation of this week's sketch!! Great job!

~Lea

Kimberly Crawford said...

this is a fantastic take on the sketch!! quite the funny card!! tfs! :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love that image. Great card!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card and sentiment.......that is a cute one......and so true of many days!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

This is such a pretty card!