Friday, November 3, 2023

November Birthday Challenge for Happy Little Stampers

It is November and time for a new birthday challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  As always the birthday challenge is anything goes.  Now is the time to get a jump start on your upcoming birthdays or to catch up.   


I have been playing with the new dies from Tim Holtz - Artsy Leaves.  Leaves are a favorite subject I like to use for my fall cards.  I decided to use them on a birthday card for a close friend.  This is a 5 x 7 card.  I have been enjoying making larger cards.

I made many leaves out of scraps of paper.  Some paper is paper I have created and other paper is just cardstock and patterned paper in my scraps.  Do you have lots of scraps?  

I first took a round doily like stencil (sorry I don't know who made it).  Placed it on watercolor paper and then added peeled paint oxide ink through the stencil.  I removed the stencil and sprayed the design with water so it would run.  You can see the way it ran outside the leaves.  This is an easy way to add a background to a card front.  I then took my leaves and made a design I liked.  I used some press and seal to pick up the arrangement so I could stamp the sentiment.  I had figured out where to put the sentiment while the leaves were in their final arrangement.  

I then added glue to the back of the leaves and carefully put it back on the card front.  I had to add more glue by carefully lifting edges and sneaking in some glue to finish the card.  I splattered some of the Tim Holtz mica spray over the entire front of the card.

I matted the card front with dark brown card stock.  I made the card base out of some heavier green card stock.  I had strips of card stock left over from earlier projects so I decided to just take those strips in various widths and glue behind the image.  I liked how it brought in some more of the fall colors.


Here is the inside of the card.  


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our November birthday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: