Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Christmas Card - Unique Color Combination

The season for mailing your Christmas cards is fast approaching and once again you may be in panic mode that you have enough cards created.  I create all year and really have no idea how many I have done.  If I don't have enough, maybe I will send valentine cards  to the people who do not receive a Christmas card.  Of course, the mail system is a big gamble for mailing cards.  Will they or won't they make their destination and how long will it take.

On a more positive note the color challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown intrigued me.  Could I make a card in these colors.   


For my white color choice, I took an old book page and painted it with gesso to fade out the words.  I die cut the black snowflake from several layers of black cardstock and layered them together.  I cut a kraft snowflake from several layers and glued them together.  The book page was adhered to a kraft card base after I had distressed the edges.  The two different snowflakes were glued together and a twine bow was added to the center of the kraft snowflake.  A sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp completed the card.  No the card was completed once I added all the splatter - both black and white.


I really do like how this card turned out and I may make some of these for next year.  I will have to check out the dimension on it.  I don't want to upset the US Postal Service.

Thanks for the challenge and thank you for stopping by.  

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Barb, what an awesome card you have created. Everything blends beautifully to make a composed card. Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy DT

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used colors fantastically Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Goga said...

A beautiful holiday card. Thanks for the company at 52CCT. Goga