Sunday, November 5, 2023

Fall Friendship Cards

 I have spent some days at home so I have been able to finish up some cards I started when I visited my friend Annie.

We made the backgrounds on the gel plate using alcohol inks.  You first put down a layer of the clear alcohol blending solution.  You then added your colors of alcohol ink and laid your paper on top of the gel plate (we did use small gel plates so ended up with space for our card fronts).  By putting down the blending solution first, you did not stain your gel plates.  The leaves were done on glossy paper the normal way you use alcohol inks.  The leaves were cut with a Tim Holtz die.  The sentiment is from an old set of Gina K's.

I am entering the card into the current challenge at Sunday Stampers.  It is a color challenge.  


Here is the card I am highlighting.  I believe it has at least 3 of the colors from the challenge in the card.


Here is another card using a round gelli plate.


Nature has bright blue leaves somewhere - I am sure of that.


It was so much fun to spend time with Annie and create.  She always comes up with good ideas for us to try.

Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Wow Barb, how beautiful and unique each back ground is! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Heather said...

Barb, these are all some lovely - such a fabulous way to play with color, and I LOVE your leaf shapes! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Fantastic set of cards...way to go showcasing our color combo!! Thanks for playing along with our “Autumn’s Riches” color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Your rocked our Autumn color palette using this leaf die!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC321

Stef Perry said...

Gel plates give such unique backgrounds, which makes them so cool! Love how your three panels turned out. Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!