Friday, October 14, 2022

Gnome Fall Hugs

 It is fall and I love to make fall cards.  I love to use leaves on my cards.  Right now it also seems I have so many friends that need a little extra love in their life.  I have friends in Florida who are working to repair their homes, kids away at college and just friends who need a hug.  I had a gnome left over from a different project so he needed to be put on a card and sent off to give someone a paper hug.

I am doing several challenges for this card.  

The first challenge is the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This is a good basic sketch.

The Octoberfest challenge from Double D Challenges.


Here is my card.  Luckily there was some fall paper sitting on my design table which started the creativity.  I dug out this 3 D leaf embossing folder and cut the leaves from some scrap card stock.  The gnome was all ready to be added to the card.  I die cut the word hugs from another piece of scrap card stock.  Before I adhered the front panel to the card, I ran it through a leaf embossing folder.  I love the extra texture it adds to the background.  I added the panel to a kraft card base and then added the leaves, gnome and sentiment.

One more card done.  One more card that will bring a smile to someone's face and know that I am thinking about them.

Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a fun fall design! Love the colors. Thank you for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

Darlene said...

OMG this is just FABULOUS!! Love that little gnome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Four Seasons challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... this beauty also fit our embossing challenge ... would love to have you share in the fun ... here's the link: Can You Handle the Pressure

Karren said...

This gnome is so super-cute! The colours and patterns in your card are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Diane said...

Adorably cute fall gnome!! Thank you for joining our fun at Four Seasons and Double D!
Diane FS and DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}