Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Christmas Stars and Sketch Challenge

 The last couple days I have played with a sketch challenge and a challenge I have in a private Facebook group.  The group challenge is to use stars on your Christmas cards.  I used the sketch and substituted stars for the circles.

Here is the sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.


I used my Silhouette to cut my stars from pattern paper.  I also cut plain white ones to glue to each star to make them heavier.  I glued my layer of stars together and then added white gesso around the edge to give them a frosted look.  I dry embossed the snowflake background and matted it with another piece of patterned paper.  I used a readymade sentiment and matted it with more patterned paper.  Everything was glued to the card base.  I splattered a sparkly white ink over the card to add some shimmer.  As an afterthought, I added the snowflakes to tie the background into the focal point.


Thanks for the sketch.

Keep working on those Christmas cards - it is coming very fast.  

3 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great idea to use stars and a very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT:)

Majda said...

Such a sweet Christmas creation.
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
Majda DT

Goga said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga