Sunday, November 29, 2020

Patterned Paper Fun

 I have a friend who collects Santas and so every year for Christmas I try to make him a Santa card.  This year I decided to throw many things in my Tim Holtz Christmas collection at the card.  

The card actually started with a burlap mixed media panel I had made a year or two ago.  I added some blue paint to it and some gold foiling.  It took me awhile to find my foiling box but I did and the glue pen I had did not work so I can to get inventive.  What finally worked for me is to put some double sticky narrow tape on the panel  did it in the corners) and then rubbing the gold foil sheet over the top.  The foiling also stuck to some of the weave of the burlap.  You can see the foiling in this picture in the left hand bottom corner.


I am entering this card into the current challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  The challenge is to use gilding flakes or foil on your card.  I do wish I had found this challenge blog earlier in the year but it will help me have a variety of cards next year.


Here is my card.  Everything but the burlap is from Tim Holtz.  All of it is in my stash.  I distressed the pattern paper which is the base.  I adhered the mixed media burlap panel with wide double adhesive tape.  I then made little groupings of stuff and used my tiny attacher for the first time.  I like it.  Some of the stuff was a little to white (such as trip on Santa) so used a light brown oxide ink to color it.  I didn't know what sentiment to add so added three.  I really try to keep my cards flat for mailing but this is oe of the exceptions for this year.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

A.Rose said...

Santa looks happy! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown!

Goga said...

Fantastic Vintage look Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at the 52CCT. Goga