Monday, June 6, 2022

Oldie Moldie Monday Meets Sketch Challenge

 It is Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love for your old supplies.  

I had this paper grouping on the design table because I was making some quilt design cards and the leftover strips fit the card sketch at Freshly Made Sketches perfectly.

I first cut a rectangle out of the same paper I used for my card base.  I added the strips to the card front and then ran the rectangle through an embossing folder.  I adhered it to the card base.  The sentiment was stamped on another sheet of paper from the 6 x 6 pad and die cut out.  It was matted with black.  I added a double layer of paper behind the circle to add a little depth to the card.  The sentiment is an old Penny Black.


I still had more strips left from the pad so I added them to a rectangle on a diagonal and dry embossed the panel.  I used another sentiment from the same Penny Black sentiment set.


Thank you for the great sketch.  

Remember to show some love for your old supplies, they still make great cards.



2 comments:

Amy O said...

What pretty dsp and a fabulous embossed pattern on this sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the quilt look and feel to your cards! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.