Friday, June 10, 2022

Can You Handle The Pressure Guest Designer

 I am the guest designer for Can You Handle the Pressure for their current challenge with an optional twist of Bird.  

Remember you must use an embossing folder on your challenge entry.  


Here is the prize for this challenge.


I decided to go along with the optional twist of bird.  My bird images are Tim Holtz tissue paper.  I adhered the tissue paper to a piece of card stock with gel medium and also brushed a layer of the gel medium across the top of the tissue paper.  I used Vintage Photo ink to add some coloring to the edges of the image and blended it inward.  I then matted the image with dark brown paper.  When it was adhered to the card front, I added several layers of card stock behind it to add a little dimension to the design.

The greenish background is bristol smooth card stock which I first did some ink smooshing on with oxide inks.  I then ran it through my embossing folder.  I used more ink and water and let the embossed edges grab more of the color and make some great color variation in the background.  I matted the background with the same dark brown card stock.  I decided I wanted to bring a little of the dark green color into the card and found some matching card stock and dry embossed it.  I did it so there is a continuous flow in the embossed design.

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of green patterned paper. and matted with the dark brown card stock also.   

See the continuous flow of the embossed design.


Please come join us at Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge blog for their current challenge.  Dig out some of your embossing folders and use them.  I think we forget to use them now days and they are such an easy way to add some extra depth to your card design.

Big thanks to the crew at Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge blog for letting me be their guest designer for the current challenge.  



3 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

What a beautiful card. I love the vintage-y look, it's so classic and retro. All your elements work perfectly together and that embossed background is just right for the whole look. So happy you could join us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, we are lucky to have you as Guest Designer. Well done!

Conniecrafter said...

I saw your beautiful card over at CYHTP and I just had to stop in and say that I just totally LOVE this, absolutely gorgeous!!

Diane said...

A beautifully created card, fabulous design! Thank you for being our guest designer at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT and co-owner