Monday, June 6, 2022

Happy Little Stampers June Stencil Challenge.

It is time for the new stencil challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The challenge is always "anything goes".

Stencils are such a cost efficient product to use in our card making.  Stencils have come a long way in their design.  There are still single layer stencils but there are the layered stencils which just steps up your creativity.


It is the time of the year when we need to make graduation cards.  I have two young men in my neighborhood graduating from high school.  They are brothers so the cards had to be different.

I chose to use this layered stencil from Taylored Expressions for the focal point on my card.  I stenciled the sentiment on with oxide inks.  I cut the panel with a stitched die and then dry embossed with an embossing folder from Darice.  I cut the hat with my Silhouette.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz collection.  

How easy would it be to crank out many cards using this sentiment.  This sentiment could work for any occasion, not just graduation.


Here is the second card I made.  I used my Silhouette to make the hat/year cut out.  I layered two of them together to give it some depth.  I added it to a dry embossed background using the same embossing folder as the first card.  A simple sentiment completed the card.  Did you guess that the school colors are red and black?


Dig out your stencils and join us in our June Stencil Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: