Tuesday, October 13, 2020

October Twofer Challenge

 I like challenges that make you think - how can I use the same stamp, die or stencil in two different ways on two different cards.  Twofer is the challenge for this.

The October Twofer challenge is Silhouettes.



The stamp is from Gina K.  I pulled the background for this card from my background box.  I stamped the silhouette stamp all across the bottom of the card front with distress oxide ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.


The rectangle was done with distress oxide inks.  The silhouette was stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment was done the same way.  I matted it with blue and added to a white card base.  Three clear embellishments were glued to the front of the card.

I love this stamp set.  I have used it already on many cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  

3 comments:

Darnell said...

It is a lovely wildflower bouquet, Barb, and you have used it perfectly on both your designs! I love how you stamped it in triple in the same ink as the background for a pretty tone-on-tone affect on your serene sympathy card. And it stands proudly as a single bouquet in black against that beautiful ombre blended background on your birthday card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #32! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Two lovely, lovely cards Barb! I love your tone on tone card with the beautiful background and the row of wildflowers going across...I have that same Gina K set too and love it!! And your ink blended background is just perfect for the black silhouette card too! Well done and thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Cat Craig said...

Barb your wild flowers are lovely in purple and make for a fabulous sympathy card. The inking on your matted card is fantastic, the colors look so wonderful with the black silhouetted wild flowers. Thanks for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge #32.