Sunday, October 11, 2020

Hello Friend Happy Birthday

 I am currently working on a set of cards for my sister for her birthday.  She so graciously made masks for many of us in the family so giving her a set of cards is a small gesture of thanks.  It is hard for her to get out and shop for cards so now she will have a small supply.  I am hoping to have 20 for her.

This card was inspired by the current sketch at My Favorite Things.  



I flipped the sketch and put my large stripe on the right side of the card with the small stripes on the left. I first did some ink smooshing to add color to my white card stock.  I then masked off the large stripe and did some ink blending.  It was a perfect opportunity to use the MFT three stripe stencil - do you think I could find it - no - so I could some banner dies and made my own stencil out of paper.  I ink blended the stripes in.  I then stamped the floral image and the sentiment.

I think my sister will enjoy sending this card to a beautiful friend for her birthday.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: