Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Christmas is Fast Approaching

 I looked in my box of Christmas cards and I got very scared.  I don't have very many made and I need to get busy.  

This week end a private group of Facebook of cardmaking friends offered up challenges.  One of the challenges was to make an mostly white card.  To me, this is a difficult challenge because I love color.  Being from the Midwest I thought of snowflakes so decided to make a "winter themed" card.  I will send it at Christmas to someone in the south.

I had some beautiful white pearlized paper in my supplies so I used a snowflake embossing folder to make the background for my card.  I die cut four different snowflakes and layered them up.  I added some circles in the middle with some foam tape for dimension.  One of the circles  was silver.  A silver glitter circle completed the snowflake embellishment.  I die cut the word "winter cheer" from the same silver card stock as the circle.

I am entering my card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the challenge is to use dry embossing.

Here is my card.


Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: